10 MEDITATION TIPS
1. Find a quite, comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed
2. The best time to meditate is in the morning before your day begins. If this is possible then try it at the end of your working day but before you relax in the evening. It is best not to meditate just before you go to bed or when you’re feeling tired.
3. Sit in a comfortable pose; You can sit on the floor cross legged or if you prefer on a chair. It is best to have the upper part of your body upright as in the picture.
4. Close your eyes and take in some deep breaths… as you breath out, let your body relax and imagine letting go of all the stress in your body each time your exhale. Focus on letting your body and muscles relax, your jaw and shoulders especially. As your body relaxes you will start to feel heavier.
5. Once you’re in this relaxed state, start to focus on your breath only. Just the feeling and rhythm of your breath.
6. Avoid analysing or thinking about whether you’re doing it right just let your thoughts go and focus only on your breathing.
7. Work with the intention of letting go of the usual mind chatter and notice more and more space between each thought. Don’t judge and thoughts that do happen, just recognise that you are thinking and let it go.
8. Each time you practice meditation, work on making the spaces between thoughts bigger and bigger until you find it easy to just sit in a space of bliss where there is no thinking.
9. This is the place where you connect with your true essence and a real sense of peace and acceptance emerges.
10. If you wish, you can send positive thoughts, prayers and intentions to anyone or anything just before or after the meditation